Submission DeadlineSubmissions are Closed
Team MembersJohn Schrom
Analyze the free medical record dataset from Microsoft Azure DataMarket and Practice Fusion to answer the biggest healthcare questions in the US today. Use the de-identified data however you’d like: visualize healthcare trends, find adverse drug reactions, chart chronic disease, mashup the results with other Azure data or build an app. Basically, pick a pressing healthcare question and answer it using the tools provided by Microsoft and Practice Fusion.
We’re looking for the wow factor. Focus on data visualization to create healthcare studies and powerful apps built around the free dataset.
Data sets made available for this challenge:
Visit the Microsoft Azure DataMarket to download the free Practice Fusion medical research dataset online. This HIPAA-compliant, clinical data contains 5,000 records including patient vitals, diagnoses, medications, prescriptions, immunizations and allergies.
While in the DataMarket, you can browse over 70 other trusted commercial and premium public domain data to potentially including in your entry. You can also visit www.practicefusion.com/research to learn more about the power of clinical data.
- Sudhir Hasbe
- Ryan Howard
- Practice Fusion
- Matthew Douglass
- Practice Fusion
- Solutions that can be used to deliver better care, improve public health
- Ideas that can be directly applied by patients or doctors
- Entries related to chronic disease
- Applications that are accessible from anywhere by anyone (i.e. non-platform-specific applications that would work on any mobile device, generic HTML, etc.)
- Utilizing bleeding/cutting-edge technology (i.e. HTML5, GPS-based/location-aware tagging, social media, etc.)
- Plain English - translation of complex medical findings or technology into something easily understood