IMPAQ NORC Medicare Claims Data Developer Challenge Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the Medicare Claims Data Developer Challenge
- The Challenge is open only to teams based in the United States.
- A Team must include no less than 2 people and no more than 5.
- By submitting a technology product as an entry in response to this Challenge, each Team and each Team member represents and warrants that:
- The Team and its members are the sole authors, creators, and owners of the technology product submitted as an entry;
- None of the intellectual property rights in the technology product, or any portion thereof, submitted in the entry has been assigned or transferred to anyone that is not a member of the Team;
- The technology product, through its creation and its submission as an entry, does not violate any applicable laws including patient re-identification;
- The technology product, through its creation and its submission as an entry, does not infringe upon or violate intellectual property rights held by any third person or party;
- The technology product submitted as an entry complies with appropriate policies, procedures and protections for access to relevant data sets to ensure all privacy requirements, intellectual property considerations, and sponsor restrictions are met; and
- By submitting an entry in response to this Challenge, each Team and each Team member agrees to:
- Comply with and be bound by the official rules and decisions of the Sponsor; Indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, employees, and agents (including but not limited to, any judges or evaluators of the entries) from and against any claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to infringement of patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to the Challenge or to the development, marketing, commercialization, distribution, use or other exploitation of any technology product submitted as an entry.
CHALLENGE SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- The submission deadline for entries is August 15th, 2011.
- Once an entry is submitted, a Team is prohibited from making any changes or alterations to the technology product described in its submission until the evaluation of the entries is completed. The date for completing the evaluation and judging is August 30th, 2011. This date may be extended in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE
- By submitting an entry, any team selected as a winner grants the Sponsor a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use and display publicly the submitted materials and any related intellectual property (including trademarks and tradenames), solely for purposes of the Challenge and related marketing and promotion.
- The participating teams retain ownership of all software, technology and intellectual property developed by them for this Challenge.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
- The Sponsor, administrators, and judges are not responsible for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by teams, data sources, Challenge administrators, printing errors, equipment failures or programming problems associated with this Challenge;
- Technical failures, including, but not limited to, disconnections in network hardware, software, or phone lines, interruptions, or other malfunctions;
- Unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Challenge;
- Technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Challenge or the processing of entries; or
- Any injury to person or damage to property which may be caused by participating in the Challenge, including but not limited to, receipt or use of any award.