The ASPR Lifeline Facebook Application Challenge Terms and Conditions
By submitting a technology product as an entry in response to this Challenge, each team and each team member represents and warrants that:
- The team and its members are the sole authors, creators, and owners of the technology product submitted as an entry;
- None of the intellectual property rights in the technology product, or any portion thereof, submitted in the entry has been assigned or transferred to anyone that is not a member of the team;
- The technology product, through its creation and its submission as an entry, does not violate any applicable laws;
- The technology product, through its creation and its submission as an entry, does not infringe upon or violate intellectual property rights held by any third person or party;
- The technology product submitted as an entry comply with appropriate policies, procedures and protections for access to relevant data sets to ensure all privacy requirements, intellectual property considerations, and sponsor restrictions are met.
By submitting an entry in response to this Challenge, each team and each team member agrees to:
- Comply with and be bound by the official rules and decisions of the sponsors;
- Release and hold harmless the sponsors, its officers, its employees, and agents (including but not limited to, any judges or evaluators of the entries) from any claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to infringement of copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to the Challenge; and,
- Indemnify, defend and hold harmless the sponsors from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities arising from or relating to participation in the Challenge.
Each entrant retains title and full ownership in and to their submission. Entrant expressly reserves all intellectual property rights not expressly granted under this agreement. By participating in the Challenge, each entrant hereby irrevocably grants to Sponsor and Administrator a limited, non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, license and right to use the Submission to the extent necessary to administer the Challenge, and to publicly perform and publicly display the Submission, including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Challenge.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
The sponsors and judges are not responsible for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by teams, data sources, Challenge administrators, printing errors, equipment failures or programming problems associated with this Challenge;
- Technical failures, including, but not limited to, disconnections in network hardware, software, or phone lines, interruptions, or other malfunctions;
- Unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Challenge,
- Technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Challenge or the processing of entries; or
- Any injury to person or damage to property which may be caused by participating in the Challenge, including but not limited to, receipt or use of any award.