Health 2.0 in the Doctor’s Office: Florida, Spring 2010
Health 2.0’s first physician-focused event brought 250 doctors, practice managers, and technologists to Jacksonville, Florida–the home of our friends at FROG–to see the latest in Health 2.0 tools aimed at the physician practice.
Overview of Health 2.0 and What It Means for Physician Practices
Welcome from John Wells, MD, Integrated Community Oncology Network
- What is Web 2.0?
- What is Health 2.0?
- How does Health 2.0 impact physician practice?
--- Changes in technology
--- Introducing the HITECH/ARRA incentives
The Path to “Clinical Groupware”
- Is HITECH working? 7 Observations
- Understand the contrast between client-server and clinical groupware
- The role of technology in the future physician’s practice
Better Health Technologies, LLC
Health 2.0 in the Exam Room
A showcase of tools and services designed to improve the clinical experience at the point of care for both providers and patients.
What does ARRA, HITECH and “Meaningful Use” Actually Mean to You?
- Understand how to qualify for funding
- Understand the timeline for qualification in the three phases of Meaningful Use
- Understand the legal ramifications
Manatt Health Solutions
Health 2.0 Tools for Practice Efficiency
Mobile and web-based tools designed to improve operational efficiency in the practice, including appointment scheduling and bill payment.
Lunch with Discussion Tables Hosted by Vendors and Thought Leaders
Tales from the Trenches: Implementing an EMR
- Understand what to ask companies that claim funding qualification
- Gain perspective on a reasonable decision making process
- Discover the pitfalls of EMR implementation
- Understand whether an EMR will make your practice more efficient.
The Coker Group
Health 2.0 Tools for Patient and Provider Communication
Platforms and services to provide ongoing communication and care coordination between providers and patients.
Reactor Panel and Looking Ahead for Health 2.0
Discoveries and lessons from the conference.
Afternoon Happy Hour
Network in the Exhibit Hall or go on a golf outing!