Health 2.0 Group Chicago, meets Thurs 15th
Calling all Chicagoans – Some attendees of the Health 2.0 Conference would like to create a regional Health 2.0 group in your area—FIRST MEETING IS TOMORROW!
The Purpose: To form a group within the greater Chicagoland area to connect, to discuss, and to inform on all things health and technology.
1. Stay in line with the Health 2.0 “mothers hip” vision
2. To be a referral network for both resources and ideas
3. A platform to direct you to a specific product of interest
4. To provide an audience to those interested in pitching a Health 2.0 product demo/idea/question
5. A forum for speakers to share current and relevant information pertaining to Health 2.0
6. An arena to discuss topics facing the Health 2.0 environment
7. A “jumping off” point to network with other Health 2.0 regional groups (Currently, LA, DC, Boston, NYC)
How this will be facilitated:
1. Meetings once a month (The Third Thursday of every month)
2. Rotating leadership – Will look to meeting participants to volunteer and take ownership to host/organize the monthly meetings.
3. Meetings to be held at an informal setting in the Chicagoland area
A small group met in December to discuss the high level information above. Based on some of the decisions made, the next meeting is scheduled to be held on January 15, 2008 at 5:30 am cst at Matilda’s – 3101 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, IL (Sheffield and Barry in Chicago). Below is an agenda to help the group get started:
- Overview – Overview of the structure and purpose we discussed last meeting
- Web Site/Communication
- Change.gov – Healthcare Discussion Meeting
- Security – Security items the government released a couple weeks back. Also, how we think we as a community can help manage/impose security standards for the entire community as a whole.
- Open – Any items the group would like to discuss.
- Next meeting – Location, Agenda, Who Hosts, Maybe product feedback?
Additionally if you have interest in this group, please check out the Facebook Group “Health 2.0 – Chicago”, Facebook Event “Health 2.0 — Chicago – Meetup”, and for all those on Twitter – a Twtvite: http://twtvite.com/p61cej.
If you have the opportunity and interest, please brave this blistery Chicago weather to make out to the second Health 2.0 Chicago Meetup. Thanks ! Kind Regards, Naveen Gidwani