San Diego Agenda Is Coming Together Nicely
We are so excited about the way that the Health 2.0 Spring Fling Conference, in San Diego on March 21-22, 2011, is shaping up. Even though the spring conference is quickly approaching, we are always keeping our eyes out for something new and exciting to show to you. We have recently line-up new and exciting demonstrations, panel discussions, documentaries, and speakers surrounding our conference themes.
Here are some additions to the San Diego agenda:
- We have a great morning session scheduled called The Future of Research! The emergence of user-generated content, and the rise of patient involvement in Health 2.0 is radically changing research in both discovery and clinical practice. This panel may have the most impressive line-up of people changing the research process ever assembled. It includes:
- Susan Love, the pioneering cancer surgeon behind the Army of Women clinical trial recruiting program.
- George Lundberg, the former JAMA & Medscape Editor who’s now at Cancer Commons shaking up medical research publishing.
- Gilles Frydman, of ACOR, the Founder of one of the oldest and most research savvy patient communities.
- Josh Sommer, the young patient activist who’s building the Chordoma Foundation to accelerate specific medical research.
- Paul Wallace, Kaiser Permanente’s lead on patient engagement and board member at the Society for Participatory Medicine.
- Deborah Estrin, Professor of Computer Science at UCLA who’s leading very different ethnographic hands-on research studies in the inner city.
- Health 2.0 always shows the most cutting edge technology demonstrations. A few of the demos you’ll see in the panel on Prevention, Wellness, Exercise and Food include; Keas (Linsey Volckmann), Shopwell (Brian Witlin) and Fooducate (Hemi Weingarten). Keep an eye out for more demos to be announced soon.
- Also just added to the list, Will Roesenzwieg, Physic Ventures, investor in food & wellness start-ups, Abbe Don, health maven at legendary design company IDEO, and Arnie Milstein, famed medical director of the Pacific Business Group on Health, and now leading the new Clinical Excellence Research Center at Stanford.
With all of the exciting updates to the agenda, you can’t afford to miss this conference. REGISTER HERE!
To view the full press release CLICK HERE!