Greetings Health 2.0-ers!
It doesn’t matter what the weather is in your hometown because we are bringing the sun to Spring Fling to San Diego in just 5 short weeks! We have new themes, new product launches and new case studies that will change the way you see and experience health care. Continue reading for 5 highlights you don’t want to miss! And don’t forget, rates go up on February 22nd so Register Today!
1. Fireside Chats
6 interviewers, 6 interviewees, in conversation on our comfy couches. Each takes a turn asking the questions and then being in the hot seat. Our themes this year are food/prevention, the changing roles of data and research and lowering the cost of care. You’ll get 10 minute bursts of thought provoking, and possibly controversial conversations!
- Matthew Holt, Health 2.0 talks to Alan Greene, DrGreene.com about Whiteout, his new campaign to remove white rice cereal from infant diets.
- Then Matthew and Abbe Don, IDEO discuss Abbe’s personal journey to have a healthy lifestyle through an immersion program at the Pritkin institute.
New Data Models
- Abbe then interviews Steve Downs, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation on the importance of design in healthcare and the recording of “activities of daily living”.
- Steve then talks to Nikolai Kirienko, Crohnology.MD one of Project HealthDesign’s grantees on a mind-blowing personal story of how capturing data via patient narrative saved his life.
Lowering the Cost of Care
- Nikolia Kirienko then takes on healthcare economist J.D. Kleinke on the issue of patient/provider dynamics in an era of changing roles.
- J.D. Kleinke and Amy Romano, Childbirth Connection talk about J.D.’s new book Catching Babies, where the field of OB/GYN serves as a microcosm for debates in the wider healthcare system; followed by the launch of a HealthTap’s new tools for tracking health in pregnancy.
2. Winners of the wildly successful Health 2.0 Developer Challenges
You might have been following the #health2dev train as we’ve made stops in Mountain View, DC and Boston. You’ll see the eye-popping solutions the winning teams built during our intense and exciting 8 hr coding fests. Check out the top two winning teams from San Francisco and Washington, D.C. for a sneak preview.
3. First look at new product demos
4. Innovative Perspectives
In addition to demos, get a chance to hear inspirations and insights from some of the brightest minds in health care today:
- Dean Ornish, Founder & President, Preventive Medicine Research Institute, will give our keynote presentation during our session on wellness, food & prevention. His extensive research experience will give a unique perspective on wellness as prevention.
- Howard Koh, Assistant Secretary of Health, will be speaking on our panel about the Health 2.0 Developer Challenge and introducing winning teams.
- Paul Wallace, Medical Director for Health and Productivity Management Programs, Kaiser Permanente, is giving the opening presentation for our research panel and will give his insights into how real time research is informing care.
- Lygeia Ricciardi, Senior Advisor for Consumer e-Health, Office of the National Coordinator, HHS will participate in our closing panel discussing her thoughts on the conference and what she hopes to see in the future of health care.
5. To whet your appetite…
Get warmed up for the conference with some of our great pre-conference activities lined up for the afternoon of the 21st:
Take a field trip!
- Tour the facilities at West Wireless Health Institute and take a look of some of the cutting-edge wireless health technologies that are being created.
- Join the tour group to the Kaiser Permanente Garfield Specialty Center to learn more about the innovative new facility and watch demonstrations of MyHealthManager, KP HealthConnect and the VA Health Information Exchange.
- Interested in connecting with other companies to build business and technology collaborations? Then the Health 2.0 Accelerator meeting is the place to be!
- Witness the live competition and judging of the top teams from Health 2.0’s code-a-thons that have occurred around the country.
Want to market your service or product at Health 2.0? Maximize your marketing reach & make a big splash in front of our prestigious audience! Only a few Sponsorship spots are still available and going fast! Click here for information about the various ways to get involved… Don’t wait till it’s too late!
We look forward to seeing you in San Diego!