Transforming Communities With Data – Healthy Communities Data Summit 2014
This April, Health 2.0 and the Foundation for Healthcare Innovation are partnering together for the 2nd Annual Healthy Communities Data Summit (HCDS) at the UCLA Grand Horizons Ballroom. Transforming health at a community level is no easy task, but this event will facilitate the conversations needed to initiate and inspire change by bringing together local policymakers, clinicians, innovators, and patients to discuss inspired uses of health data, lessons learned, emerging trends, and more.
If you are passionate about innovations that improve patient access, best data practices, creating awareness of health issues amongst key stakeholders, and learning about new projects and datasets, then you should join us in LA April 3rd!
In addition to compelling keynotes and panel discussions, there will be LIVE demos and the announcement of many brand new datasets, tools, and state-level projects. Other agenda highlights include:
- Open Health Data Trends and Applications: Current Landscape, Opportunities, and Best Practices
- Data Analytics to Health Communities: Closing the Loop
- New Frontiers for California: Datasets and Resources in Health Care
- Health Visualization That Matters
- Fireside Chat: Improving Policy with Health Data
We’re also excited to announce many of our speakers including:
- Dwayne Spradlin, CEO, Health Data Consortium
- Fatima Angeles, VP Programs, California Wellness Foundation
- David Grant, Director, California Health Interview Survey
- Ash Damle, CEO, Lumiata
- Este Geraghty, Deputy Director, Center for Health Statistics and Informatics, CDPH
- Shell Culp, Interim Director, Chief Deputy Director, OSI, CHHSA
- John Kim, Co-Director, Healthy City
- Paul Kahn, Experience Design Director, Mad*Pow
- Regan Foust, Data Manager, Kidsdata.org
- David Goldsmith, Executive Director, Dossia
More speakers will be announced soon, and you can stay up to date by following HCDS on Twitter @HCDataSummit.
Missed last year? Check out video from the inaugural 2013 event here.