Health 2.0’s Inaugural WinterTech Event To Explore New Class of Consumer Health
The inaugural Health 2.0 WinterTech event will explore a new class of consumer health technologies that stems from the interplay of emerging technologies and partnerships across sectors. The current global health and wellness economy is being revolutionized by the entry of technology giants into the digital health space. There have been shifts in the start-up ecosystem as well as new opportunities for investors, retailers, employers, providers, and policy makers as all sectors adapt to the rising trend of the digitally connected and engaged health consumer.
Digital health investments are at an all time high, and the era of passive patients is over. WinterTech will address these changes and focus on the informed patient, new health interfaces, clinical quality improvement, and new pathways for investment. Industry leaders Walmart, Samsung, Target, Qualcomm Life, MyFitnessPal and many others will discuss major digital health themes in the marketplace such as: investing in consumer health, the new role of retail environments in health care, new platforms and interfaces for personal health, the informed health care consumer, and how consumer data is contributing to new clinical insights.
Health 2.0 WinterTech highlights include:
- Consumer Data Powering Clinical Insight: Delve into the tools and services that are shaking up data collection and analysis to provide actionable insights and more personalized health care with Rick Valencia (Qualcomm), Bakul Patel (FDA), Karan Singh (Ginger.io), and Amanda Cashin (Illumina).
- New Platforms and Interfaces for Personal Health: Samsung, Nick Crocker (MyFitnessPal), Jim Taschetta (iHealthLabs), David Donovick (Pivotal Living), and Lena Cheng (Doctors on Demand) will discuss and analyze the newest tools and platforms in health and wellness as both familiar favorites and new players make ventures into this exploding market.
- Investing in Consumer Health Care: An in-depth discussion with health care investors including Lisa Suennen (Venture Valkyrie Consulting) and Casper deClercq (Norwest Venture Partners).
- Revolutionizing Retail for Better Health Care Experiences: Ben Wanamaker (Walmart), Joshua Riff (Optum), and Target will discuss the integration of health care into the retail environment both online and in person.
- The Informed Health Consumer: The tools and resources educating and empowering consumer health care decision making. Hear from Tara Montgomery (Consumer Reports), Heather White (Environmental Working Group), Alex Postman (SELF Magazine), Thomas Goetz (Iodine), Ari Tulla (BetterDoctor) and moderator Dr. Robin Berzin.
Registration information, the agenda, and more can be found on the WinterTech website here. WinterTech will take place in San Francisco’s financial district during the nation’s leading investment mecca, JP Morgan Week.